1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barkcloth/bark cloth and mid-century interiors. Show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Sorry... I didn't get to them in time...

2. I love the couch, too! I actually have a low back mid-century modern sectional couch stacked up in my garage. The fabric is "okay" but it would really benefit from reupholtering. I love the look but don't actually have the room for it in my house. Been thinking of putting it on Craigslist...

3. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

I really like this thread and thought I would share my latest purchase from eBay. I just bought 8 yards of this vintage Markwood barkcloth in a novelty Dutch print for $75. Can't wait for it to get here!

$_57 (1).JPG
    $_57 (2).JPG $_57 (3).JPG $_57 (4).JPG $_57.JPG

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I don't know the price of vintage barkcloth but that sounds like a steal! you can't even buy modern printed cotton for that price here.

5. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

Yes, the exchange rates are pretty crazy so I avoid buying from the US however for selling, it's good. I want to make some curtains as the piece is 48 inches wide.

6. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

How cute. That sofa is fantastic. Somewhere online there used to be a big barkcloth curtain site?
    Think there is a way to flip the photo here.