1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bassarisk Fur Coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Marci, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Marci

Marci Registered Guest

I have a full length Bassarisk fur coat that I no longer wear. I got it from my mother who has moved to Florida and no longer needs it. I would like to know how I can either sell it or get rid of it? And what should the approximate value of it be, if I give it to Goodwill? I think it was bought in the 1980-1990's. Thank you!

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

I'm afraid we don't value items here however you might want to contact a local furrier to determine the condition of the coat and they might be able to then direct you as to what the value might be as well as what your selling options might be.

3. Marci

Marci Registered Guest

That's what I was hoping to do but I don't seem to find any local furriers around here. I'll hold onto it and see if I go to a metropolitan city and inquire there. Thank you for your reply.

4. FYI, Goodwill (and other charitable organizations that accept donations) have an online list of "fair market value" for just about every item you can imagine donating. It's not what someone would buy it for. It's what you can legally claim on your taxes and what the IRS uses to check your donations.

5. Also... if you can't find a buyer for a price you feel is sufficient, or if it's damaged beyond repair, you can donate it to your local animal shelter. Scared shelter animals are comforted by nestling in fur.