1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beautiful handbag and jewelry finds today....need help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by BuddhaB, Nov 18, 2019.

1. BuddhaB

BuddhaB Registered Guest

4E893CFD-59D4-4F79-99F3-37AE3F973024.jpeg C53A0A0D-92F2-440B-9261-4C7DC760B20B.jpeg Found this amazing, what I believe is a choker (or I could totally be using it incorrectly lol). It doesn’t feel like cheap fashion jewelry but it doesn’t feel real to me either. No markings on the piece, and then then cord like closure on the back half of the necklace just throws me all the way off. Curious if someone knew exactly what this is and about how old?

Second find (at the same store) is this wicker like handbag with a tag that reads Made in British Crown Colony of Hong Kong. Bag still has original tag and in amazing condition. No designer label or markings. Again just looking for some info on a time period and any background anyone could provide.

I am new to the forum, and would appreciate any help ✌❤️

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Jewelry is not my specialty but the purse is typical late 1960s early 70s.

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

the choker reminds me of late 1980s...Christian Lacroix did a lot of supersized glam/gaudy looks which inspired other jewelry makers. it's a neat piece!

the handbags, as Janice says is 60s/70s. i love it, that lining is adorable!

nice acquisitions!

4. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

The choker construction looks very similar to one that I was given to wear for an Indian wedding, with a traditional sari, a few years ago. It was from India, and very nicely made, but definitely costume, not "real".

Not sure that yours is new versus older, just wanted to mention that the central metal section paired with the adjustable, gilded string around the back, looks very like the one I have.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  5. BuddhaB

BuddhaB Registered Guest

Yes!! I just looked that up and that is exactly what it appears to be. Thank you so much!

Thank you to all of you for your input!

vivavintageclothing likes this.