1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been Given Some Furs to sell but need help identifying them PLEASE.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bearmom465, Dec 8, 2018.

1. bearmom465

bearmom465 Registered Guest

Please help if you can...I've been given a list of what the ladies son thinks these furs are, but before I try to sell them, I would really like to know what I am selling and I am clueless when it comes to this type of thing.
    I'm going to name what I've been told most of them are.
    1st photo...gray mink stole,
    2nd photo Virgin Lamb Stole (but I think it is Persian lamb from what I've been looking at only.
    3rd and 4th photo, Seal fur stole with high collar
    5th photo, it's in question, but I think it's a mink collar.
    6th photo, don't have a clue..mink choker?? some little critter sewn together.
    7th photo, full fox collar, stole, not sure whether red fox or brown fox
    8th photo, some kind of fox, perhaps...super soft
    9th photo, arctic fox perhaps...super soft
    10th photo, pins of some kind on the backside of the one in photo 9.

IMG_4517.JPG IMG_4528.JPG

Attached Files:

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

1. gray mink stole
    2. persian label
    3. and 4. seal
    5. uncertain/not mink
    6. Kolinsky aka Siberian weasel
    7. fox, looks like red fox from what I can see
    8. blue fox
    9. arctic fox, likely still blue fox. Thumbnail too small to clearly see.
    10. fox lining

3. bearmom465

Thank you so much for that help! Did I resize my photos too small for this website? I had trouble with them at first saying they were too large and I'm not really good with resizing so I was hoping I did ok. So can you please tell me what the pins are for in the last photo? Did they pin onto coats for collars? This is all totally new to me! And when you said Persian label, does that mean Persian Lamb? Thanks so much!

4. bearmom465

This little black cape was in with the mix, too...the list said it was virgin lamb, but it doesn't look like any lamb I've ever seen, but again not sure what it is. IMG_4535.JPG IMG_4537.JPG IMG_4538.JPG

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

The last collars had snaps to affix to a coat or perhaps a sweater. They did this so cleaning was easier. Detach the collar and dry clean or handwash.