1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belt ? John Doyle Bishop

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by foofoogal, Nov 9, 2018.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Help please.

Pretty sure this is 1970s and interesting read about this designer from Seattle.
    Quite a character in that town.

My ? is this. I think the belt found with it looks fine and skinny belts were popular then.

My ? is do you think it had a different wider belt? The loops are wider as shown in photo.

Polished type fabric? Cotton?

Attached Files:

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Oh yes!! John Doyle Bishop was VEDDY important when I was growing up in Seattle. :cool:

I also see a wider belt, and imagine it being either black or self-fabric with a buckle, or self-fabric sash tie. It doesn't look bad with a skinny belt, it just seems to need a heavier counterweight to the other details, IMO.

The fabric shows a right-hand twill weave line, and you say it looks polished. Could it be a silky (maybe manufactured fiber) surah?

3. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Thank you both so much. I do have a wider one similar to one shown. May try adding that.

Saw where he started the drawing a green line up a street that is celebrated now yearly. What fun.
    Maybe one day I can visit Seattle during that event.

Thank you also on the fabric. I do indeed think it is the surah fabric. Never even heard of it before.

denisebrain likes this.