1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bianchi Wedding Gown Lace

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Gail7352, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Gail7352

Gail7352 Registered Guest

I have a 1970s Bianchi wedding gown which was not preserved. While in the attic a mouse decided to chew a small area just below the back of bodice and in the hem area. The dress is ivory though has darkened evenly with time. It may be repairable. I wonder if the lace or the entire dress would be valuable to anyone before I toss. Can I donate it somewhere in the Boston area? Thanks for any advice. Note: photos make the lace look splotchy but it is not.

Attached Files:

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Do you happen to have photos of the damage by any chance?

3. Gail7352

You'll see the portions on the back bodice - various closeups - but they are relatively in-line. Noticed damage to one small section on back skirt. I think the whole dress could be repurposed but I am not a seamstress. Seems a shame to toss.

Attached Files:

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

If you are giving it away, I would love to take it. I am in Boston

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. Gail7352

Sure. I have some other vintage silk clothing which I am selling but will DM through FB to arrange delivery of free gown and you can look at other stuff before I go to some other stores in Somerville. Best, G