1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bianchi wedding gown

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Koren, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Koren

Koren Registered Guest

I have my mothers Bianchi gown that she wore in 1963. I wore it in 1986. My daughter is now engaged and I have found that the dress was not sealed properly. It has staining and it is heartbreaking. I have called several local cleaners and they do not want to touch it due to its age. So I am looking for direction here.

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Do you have a picture of the dress? Also, where are you for possible recommendations?

Fingers crossed someone here can assist!

Koren likes this.
  3. Koren

Koren Registered Guest

E08C8AB7-3E3E-4EC4-AE61-F615D0DB0C61.jpeg 2104B8D7-6472-4804-9DA5-0885110EA247.jpeg
    I am located in Milford Michigan. These pictures aren’t the best

4. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

Hi there Koren, I've been doing this sort of restoration for 10 yrs. Do you know what type of fabric it is ? It's hard for me to tell in pictures (my monitor is almost as old as this dress). Did you physically bring it to a cleaner and did they specify exactly why they won't touch it? Usually it's because of the type of fabric. If it's silk, that's going to be a very difficult restoration.

5. Koren

Koren Registered Guest

Dang! I was told it is raw silk. I haven’t physically taken it in as no one has even expressed an interest in looking at it

6. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

If you'd like to talk more about it, send a message to my inbox. :)

7. Koren

Koren Registered Guest

I think I found your inbox. I am new here