1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biba Over The Knee Boots

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Melanie Amey, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Melanie Amey

Melanie Amey Registered Guest

Good morning. I am new to this so apologies if I do this wrong!
    I wondered if anyone knows about vintage Biba fashion? I have 2 almost identical pairs of brown / rust suede over the knee boots. One pair is labelled as a 5.5 and one a 6. I bought them both as I knew vintage footwear runs small so I thought one pair would fit me! At a guess I thought these were perhaps 60s. Anyway I liked them as they reminded me of Biba only to spot when I got them home that they are! The label stamps are inside and have pretty much worn away but under certain lights you can still see them! They are very narrow in the leg so I can just get the size 6 pair on. They are well loved but that doesn’t bother me.
    I wondered what period these are from? Or any info would be amazing.
    Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I would guess 60s. Hopefully the shoe experts will chime in.

They are AMAZING!!!

Melanie Amey likes this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The combination of over the knee, suede, square toe, and hourglass heel - 1969/70 - and because they are English probably 1969 - they are leading the way in youth fashions at the time...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

Fabulous boots!

Melanie Amey likes this.
  5. Melanie Amey

Thank you so much

6. Melanie Amey

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to answer. That’s brilliant! Now would it be the wrong thing to re - heel / Re - sole the pair that fit so I can wear them? I’m worried about them falling apart but at the same time would love to wear them!

7. Melanie Amey

Thank you so much!

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

There is nothing wrong with re-heeling, re-soling to wear them - upcycling saves the planet!, but it will cause them to lose value as Biba boots.

9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

When I first saw these, I thought with that toe shape and length, that they are very early 1970s, but the heel shape was throwing me. But I figured that Biba was usually way ahead of the curve.

They are FABULOUS in every sense of the word.