1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIBA without labels...now with photos

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Impey, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

I’ve had the good fortune to be given a number of BIBA 1970s dresses to sell on behalf of the original owner. Unfortunately she has removed the label in two, and I wondered whether I can ‘prove’ they are BIBA.

I've no reason to doubt her, and the other dress and coat she has given me both have the woven BIBA labels. Is there anywhere I might be able to find proof of their provenance?

apologies for the quality of the black dress - it’s very difficult to photograph well, but it’s in a lovely velvet fabric...

Since originally posting I’ve found a reference for the brown regency style dress (1970 BIBA), but have included a picture so you can see how gorgeous it is!

with thanks

Impey

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

The brown regency one is GORGEOUS!, so so pretty, thanks for sharing. It is hard to see the detail of the black velvet one. Does it have a wrap over style from the waist?