1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bourne and Hollingsworth

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ilsa McDonnell, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Ilsa McDonnell

Ilsa McDonnell Registered Guest

Hi, I have some vintage dresses in great condition in this label and I think they are 1940 1950 and 1960s. I'd love to know more about the styles of these dresses from this time so I can identify them properly. Also the VFG asked about this label so I'd like to let them know that I've found some really beautiful dresses in mint condition.

2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hi Llsa (?) - we need photos to help you identify the dates and dress styles. Look forward to seeing them.

3. Ilsa McDonnell

I'll take some pictures tomorrow. Thankyou for your reply.

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Bourne and Hollingsworth was an upmarket department store in England. I could have sworn I wrote a bio for the label resource, is it not up there?
    Please do post photos of the garments and we will try to help.

5. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I think I've got a Bourne & Hollingsworth dress somewhere, will try and dig it out for label comparison.

6. Ilsa McDonnell

Hi... attached are pictures of the Bourne &Hollingsworth dresses I have. Some have another label such as Victor Josselyn underneath also. Are these dresses of much value? They have been kept wrapped up and appear to be like new. I also have dresses from that Peggy Page Look, Susan Small of London, Almedahl of Sweden, Berrertex of Mayfair, Montego Bay, Rembrandt and Marcel Fenez Couture of Paris. If anyone knows anything about these labels, I would love to know more.

Attached Files: