1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooch identification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by KATHRYN M BOONE, Apr 27, 2020.

1. KATHRYN M BOONE

KATHRYN M BOONE Registered Guest

I have the 2 brooches shown here. Neither are signed. I tend to think that the bird is Boucher but not sure. Any help would be appreciated. 3 photos attached. Thanks. Kate 20200425_200652.jpg 20200425_195821.jpg 20200414_020407(2).jpg

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Please show a photo of the back of the ribbon brooch. If you are able, please get a little closer and turn the photo so it is in the direction it would be worn. Is the metal shiny or textured - I can't tell.

Is the back of the bird brooch smooth or textured?

Thanks!

3. KATHRYN M BOONE

Thank you for your reply. The back of the bird brooch is textured. The ribbon brooch is also textured. I am adding 2 new photos. I believe the ribbon brooch is meant to be worn horizontally and the stones are prong set. Both came from old estates. Hope this helps. 20200428_235144.jpg 20200428_235126.jpg

4. Linn

I think the ribbon brooch might be meant to be worn vertically with the bow at the top. I think the ribbon brooch is older than the bird brooch. It has a Retro style feel to it. It reminds me a little bit of some Mazer pieces I have seen. It may be from the early '50s - possibly late '40s.

I don't recognize the bird brooch as a Boucher, but I am not familiar with everything Boucher produced. The bird brooch is probably from the 1960s.

Could you tell us the sizes?

5. KATHRYN M BOONE

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I did respond back but it does not seem to have posted. I am attaching new photos of the ribbon pin. The bird & ribbon pin are textured. I believe the ribbon pin is meant to be worn horizontally. I hope this helps. Thanks, Kathryn

Attached Files:

6. KATHRYN M BOONE

Hi again. The bird is 2.5 inches long x 2.25 across at the part where the branch is. The ribbon brooch is 3" long x 1.5 wide at the 2 loops and at the rhinestone bouquet. Thank you. Apparently, I need to learn how to use this forum technology wise. LOL. Kathryn

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

The bird is lovely, but does not look like Boucher, to me.

8. Linn

I don't know who designed it, but I think it is late '40s/early '50s. I think it goes this way:

upload_2020-4-29_15-20-52.png

Vinclothes likes this.