1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C & A almost a vintage pencil skirt

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by pauline, Jan 22, 2013.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

I always wanted to try out a long pencil skirt, and I found this one in a charity shop yesterday , it's by C& A who closed down there UK shops in 2000, so it must be between 1980/90 the length of it I feel is in the 50's period.

I am not sure about if vintage ones had front & back slits or side one or just a back slit?

[​IMG]

2. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Pauline- that skirt is a stunner! I am thinking early 90's myself with the double slits- but yes it has a fabulous retro 50's vibe going on doesnt it!

3. I agree with early '90s for yours Pauline - my, doesn't that back slit go up a long way!

In the mid to late '70s you could get pencil skirts that had splits up the front and back: a friend wore one like yours to my 13th birthday party, and the front split, well, split further up and my dad was shocked to see she was wearing transparent knickers underneath! :wub:

The poor man - I don't think he realised that some 13 year old girls are more grown up than others!

The '40s-50s pencil skirts just have back splits - and I've seen some '60s-70s ones that have front splits only. To have both is a little risque.

4. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you! , The back slit is a lot longer which I think a little odd there is a zip above so I do have it the right way around.

I just love how people are always shocked with fashions it must happen with each generation.

I just love the length and having two slits, mind you the back one remains pretty closed as you walk and the front one for some reason is the one that you see" the leg" with. ( which I have not posted) lol.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

I agree with 90s. Very flattering skirt!
    Melody

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Pauline, that skirt looks wonderful on you! So classic and I agree very flattering (great heels too!)