1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone decipher this label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Kristin, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Kristin

Kristin Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

I am new here - and I'm loving reading some of the threads on vintage fashion. I am an eBay and etsy seller - always looking for vintage pieces as well as contemporary fashion lines.

I found this women's suit - it is so gorgeous - made in Milan - but for the life of me I CANNOT decipher the designer label name. Has anyone ever seen this label? Can anyone make a stab at what the name is?

Thanks so much,
    Kristin IMG_1871.JPG IMG_2047.JPG

2. PastPiecesVintage

PastPiecesVintage VFG Member

The last part looks like "mucci". Now, to decipher the first part!

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Kristin

Kristin Registered Guest

I think the last three letters look like cei, and the first letter is an A, with an O or Q in the center. I have never had such a hard time trying to read a label. I have looked at vintage labels for Italy, but see nothing like this.

5. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

are there any other labels? with numbers perhaps?

6. Kristin

Kristin Registered Guest

Unfortunately not Gayle. There is a 100% wool tag, in English, but nothing else. I just had the thought that maybe it isn't truly Italian and they added Milan like so many have added Paris. As pretty and well made as this suit is, and it came from an affluent demographic area, I think it may be from an obscure designer that didn't last. :)

cotmyey likes this.
  7. violentpink

violentpink Registered Guest

This reminds me of Russian cursive. I wonder if that's what it could be, or something similar.

Kristin likes this.