1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone ID if this is an authentic gunne?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by victoryvtg, Mar 30, 2022.

1. victoryvtg

victoryvtg Registered Guest

please see title...

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Ooh, interesting. The Joseph Magnin font is very similar to that used by Gunne Sax. Joseph Magnin was a high end department store, and certainly might have carried Gunne Sax, although a garment like that would typically have both labels.

The RN # for this however, if I am reading it correctly as 35818, comes up belonging to Crackerjack Jrs Inc.

3. victoryvtg

lol! Thanks. it is 38816, or 38818, which apparently belongs to rosani

MagsRags likes this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Just wanted to say it gorgeous!

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That style dress was so enormously popular and made by dozens or more manufacturers and designers. I recall many similar dresses sold in the stores that were not Gunne Sax.

MagsRags likes this.
  6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

yep. LOADS of manufacturers designed nearly identical dresses because of their massive popularity.

7. victoryvtg

thanks all!

8. victoryvtg

actually, just noticed this on a FB group. I know many gunne saxes were produced like it, but I saw an instagram post (and don't have it/ it was deleted) saying that the same dress - to mine- was a gunne.

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.