1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me with this old adidas jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Jani u, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Jani u

Jani u Registered Guest

Hi, i got this jacket from my dad. He said its from 70's-80's ive tried to find info about it on internet but cant find any. Ofc i contacted adidas help and they said same, from 70's-80's but thats all they could help. There is no manufactor codes etc on the jacket, idk why. I checked if it got cutted out at some point but cant see any clues if that happened here is some photos of the jacket.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Does it have any other labels, like a care label or one that says where it was made? Some things are unfortunately hard to date, and garments and their labels didn't always carry such detailed information as manufacturere codes etc., especially if they are older.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I am not seeing anything 1970s about this, so maybe more 1980s or even 1990s. Just my opinion, I really am not a collector of this type of thing, but doing it from memory of seeing people wearing them.

Jonathan and Retro Ruth like this.
  4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Agree with Barbara on that

Jonathan likes this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Don't know why they would say 70s - this is Adidas doing streetwear - tapping into the Hip Hop market, so not before mid 80s.

6. Jani u

Jani u Registered Guest

It doesnt have any labels on it sadly :/ and yeah i dont know why they would say 70's, probably thought that because it looks old