1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you indentify suit material

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by ian curtis, Nov 18, 2013.

1. ian curtis

ian curtis Registered Guest

im looking to buy one of these jackets,but are unsure about what style our pattern to put in the search engine,its either 60s our early 70s.
    [​IMG]

thanks very much!!!

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

"Vintage 60s/70s mens wide lapel plaid sports coat" should be a good start, and you can refine your search terms as things come up that correspond more closely to what you're looking for. Good luck!

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

That still is from 'Survivors'! A UK TV drama, from the 1970s, a post apocalyptic story of survival after most of the population has been wiped out. I've just been watching the entire first series. I love it.

Carrie gives good key words, but we don't use 'plaid' much in the UK, so if that's where you are, try 'check' instead. Also Blazer might be good one to try. Also sports jacket, rather than coat, in the UK.

cotmyey likes this.
  4. Retro Ruth

The series was from 1975 BTW.

5. ian curtis

yes survivors im a big fan and was going to get in to character next time we all meet up!!!thanks for all the replys!!
    thanks and regards

6. Retro Ruth

Excellent! A Survivors dress-up meet, I love it!

7. Retro Ruth

One more thought, if you are still reading and looking - 'windowpane check' might get you some good results too.

8. ian curtis

thanks yes still looking,found one similar but its like a tent!!
    LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I think looking up mens wool plaid jacket will give you some pretty good hits.

10. Lady Emma

Lady Emma Registered Guest

Yes, if you are looking in the US, use "plaid" and "sport coat" "sports coat" "blazer". If looking in the UK, try "check" "checked" "sports jacket" "jacket" and even "tartan" (even though this is definitely not tartan, but I've seen plaid jackets advertised as such".

11. sripriya

sripriya Registered Guest

Good Thread, i get some knowledge about this topic