1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Charlotte Hopkins

Charlotte Hopkins Registered Guest

Please can anyone tell me anything about this fashion house? I think it is from Sardinia and the label is on a short jacket. I’ll post the jacket too if anyone has knowledge of the label.
    upload_2020-6-2_6-31-26.jpeg

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I don't know the label at all. Yes, Cagliari is Sardinia. Torinese means "from Turin", so Casa Torinese translates as House Of Turin. I imagine being such a common word it's going to be hard to research.

I would guess it's a small local fashion house or tailor. We do have at least one Italian here, so perhaps they may be able to provide more insight if they see this post.

If you want to post a photo of the jacket, we may be able to help with dating or other questions.

INVINTAGEV and Charlotte Hopkins like this.
  3. Charlotte Hopkins

Thanks Ruth, here is a photo of the jacket - straight out of a box so a little creased - I shall have to iron! But I’d be interested to know what this material is and a possible date on it.

Attached Files:

4. Retro Ruth

It's some kind of crepe, but hard to know what the fibre is. Not sure on date, I get a late 60s / 70s vibe but that could be completely off. Hopefully someone else will weigh in.

Charlotte Hopkins likes this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I am seeing 60s. I have a few 1960s jackets and coats with similar labels from what looks to have been small boutiques / tailors in Italy - never been able to find out much about them, but they're all beautifully made.

6. Charlotte Hopkins

I agree, not sure what the crepe is but it’s pretty tough to the touch. I also think late 60s.

7. Retro Ruth

Do you know about burn testing, and if so is there anywhere you can get a snippet? It can be difficult on a lined jacket.

8. Charlotte Hopkins

I don’t know about burn testing...tell me more?

9. Retro Ruth

10. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I did find one 1967 reference to Casa Torinese. Based on a google translation, the bottom section reads:
    "…how can you blame her: refinement when you don't see it and the dress, in fact, is a precious model of the Turin house, one of the most beautiful shops in town: for the elegant bride only one atelier. Elegant fashion for ladies and young people. Largo Carlo Felice. It’s price? Far from modest, 80 thousand lire, or, hopefully, almost all the monthly salary of an average Caliaritan employee
    Capture.JPG

11. Charlotte Hopkins

Great, thank you so much for this Victoria, that’s interesting.