1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chair fabric

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ella9934, May 6, 2021.

1. Ella9934

Ella9934 Registered Guest

Hello all, I know this is a site more about clothing than upholstery, but there seems to be no other forum with a concentration of knowledge about fabrics!

I have a photo of an amazing designer upholstery fabric. But try as I may, I can't find out its name. Given that it's quite a striking design, I was hoping someone might recognise it. I don't think it's very old, but it's hard to tell. Any suggestions would be very welcome, as if I had a name I could search for it better.

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome to the forums!

Is the name attached to your photo "Brill Mughal chair idea" a hint? I can't quite see, but this could be a Mughal art-style print.

3. Ella9934

Ella9934 Registered Guest

Thanks for your reply. I have searched on Google using individual, and combinations of, these terms, with frustratingly little success, especially in the absence of a brand name. It's such a distinctive fabric, I am hoping someone might have seen it.

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

upload_2021-5-6_12-11-12.png

This isn't it but it's the closest I could find doing a search. Obviously it's not the same pattern.
    This is a Kravet fabric available from Decorator's Best. Sorry, I don't recognize the one on the chair.

7. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

@Leigh Wishner (aka Print Goddess) — any chance you recognize this particular print?