1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chanel Advertising Books, does anyone recognize these?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by RachelMay, Feb 6, 2018.

1. RachelMay

RachelMay Registered Guest

IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2731.JPG IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2733.JPG

I found these books several years ago and have never been able to find out much about them. Does anyone recognize them and know where I can begin to find a value for them. From what I have gathered they were some sort of promotional item but I have yet to come across a complete set like these. They are a combination of coloured photographs and illustrations. Any insight would be very appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. bycin

bycin Guest

I think I would contact Chanel. Have you?

3. RachelMay

No I haven't! Perhaps the publishing company would be inclined to give me some infomation as well. Thank you, I don't know why buy it never occurred to me to do that!

4. I can't see the images well enough to even know what they are, or read the print, but are they promotional material for perfumes, free gift with purchase?

Could be '80s, I agree that contacting Chanel is a good idea.

Regardless, we can't help you value things here but you could seek advice from a Chanel expert. I take it you've looked to find similar online for sale?

5. RachelMay

Thank you for the feedback Nicole. I'm not looking for a value, but more of an idea of if anyone else has come across them. Sorry about the photo issue, I've changed the settings so you can actually see the pics now. I've reached out to a few Chanel groups and such the past few years as well as the typical eBay, etsy etc searches. Usually I can find at least some sort of comparison item but these ones have had me stumped. I've sent an email to Chanel so I'm looking forward to a response.