Chanel shoes insoles

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by claireshaeffer, Aug 12, 2017.

1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer Trade Member

I got out a pair of Chanel shoes to give away and found that the toe insoles I had put in were now permanently glued to the shoes. Any suggestions for removing them?

The moral to this problem is don't leave those temporary pads in the shoes!

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Trade Member

I have removed insole pad residue with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs, but it can also remove the colouring from the sock liners. Also, start with water - that might get most of it off. You could also try orange oil - although it may stain the lining as well.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

Do you mean the tacky gel pads Claire? I have found them problematic when old as they get stiff and then rip the lining when you try to take them off. I would try gently heating them with a hair dryer on low/diffuse.

4. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage Trade Member

Rubber cement remover may do it. It evaporates quickly so it may not damage shoe but will loosen glue up to remove.

5. claireshaeffer

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll get my supplies and give you an update. C

6. Cindy2017

Cindy2017 Registered Guest

have you solved your problems?:)

7. claireshaeffer

8. claireshaeffer

I just got some wooden tongue depressors to use as a tool and hope to work on the shoes this week-end. Will keep you posted. C

9. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

I don't know about shoes but I use Goo Gone on price tags on dishes and plastics. It smells but it fades quickly. Chemical.

10. claireshaeffer

I put a damp terry cloth insole (just the toe was barely wet) on the stuck insole, left it for 10-15 min., returned with the wooden tongue depressor. The wooden stick has a smooth end I could push it gently on the edge of the stuck insole. This required several repeats but it removed about 95% of the old insole. Thanks to all for your suggestions.