1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Dior " Modele unique" hand painted tie .info wanted

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by wayne smith, Jul 14, 2022.

1. wayne smith

wayne smith Registered Guest

Hi , I have this tie I bought from oxfam and can find no labels like it anywhere online . I think it's maybe 60s/70s but could be wrong . Anyone have any info about it I would be most grateful.

Attached Files:

2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Ooh, nice to have the box too!

Measurements please? Width across the widest part, and length tip to tip. Width has gone back and forth over decades and trends, but length not so much. In general, the longer the tie, the newer it is.

3. wayne smith

It is just short of 53 inches in length and 2 inch wide . It seems a very slim tie.

4. wayne smith

Has anyone seen this "modele unique hand painted " label before ? Is it a dior label or a retailer label ? I can find no similar anywhere.

5. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Based on the measurements, I'd peg it as late 50s to late 60s. Visually, 60s, I think.

I am unfamiliar with "modele unique handpainted". Handpainted ties are seen in multiple eras.

6. wayne smith

Is there a dior archive that I could ask?

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Modèle unique means something like one of a kind. I could imagint that it was meant that being handpainted, each handpainted tie would be different.

wayne smith likes this.
  8. wayne smith

It's the lack of any other identical labels that is puzzling me , you would think a unique christian dior label would be a well known thing amongst collectors?