1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Dior

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Bowerbird, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Registered Guest

Hello!

I was hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on a silk blouse I found please?

The label says 'Christian Dior', however it appears to have been made in Japan, as the fabric and care label is written in Japanese characters. Does anyone know whether Christian Dior was ever made in Japan?

I didn't believe so, however I am no expert so thought it best to put it out there for any Christian Dior fans to help me with please :)

Many thanks,
    Rebecca

IMG_7363.jpg

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Do you happen to have a photo of the garment?

3. Bowerbird

Here is a photo of the top. It is made from silk and has buttons down the back.
    Thank you for your interest :)

Attached Files:

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

5. No information but it would be helpful to see more photos eg of the back, any other labels, eg the Japanese one. Also to know if there are any shoulder pads.

It seems to be a nice quality silk.

6. Bowerbird

Thanks so much for the replies Cynthia, Laura and Nicole :)

I have taken a photo of the back and also of both sides of the Christian Dior label and the fabric label in Japanese, which are both located on the inside side seam of the blouse rather than the inside back neck.

The silk feels to be of a very high quality and is butter soft. The blouse itself is well constructed and has details such as bias binding (?) around the inside neck line and hidden re-inforcing behind the back button placket.

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for the extra pics: this style came back in mid '90s (about '94-97) so it could be from then. I have no information on the Japanese link, however.

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member