1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing Label Materials

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Robert Vaughan, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Robert Vaughan

Robert Vaughan Registered Guest

I've searched all over google and even on here, but I'm wondering what material labels were commonly printed on in England in the 60s. The item that I'm inquiring about isn't particularly fashion related, but I couldn't find anywhere online with a knowledge of clothing and manufacturing nearly as deep and vast as what I found here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Robert

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Robert,

Hello, and welcome to the Forums. Are you only interested in labels that are printed? Or all labels, such as embroidered, etc?

3. Robert Vaughan

The particular label is printed that I'm interested in and the material is white and somewhat shiny. There seems to be a lot of reproductions for these products and I want to make sure that this is authentic. I've attached a picture of the label.

Attached Files:

4. Robert Vaughan

Thank you for having me, I know that my question isn't typical for the forum :)

5. Looks to be rayon. Sometimes called viscose in the U.K.