1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about lot numbersWhat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

hey everyone! So I've been a bit confused about lot numbers, I've read some articles saying they ceased to exists on tags after 1979 but I have some clothes with lot numbers that definitely date to the 80s maybe even early 90s. Is that possible? Maybe some companies still relied on that method of sorting into the 80s and 90s because they didn't have the technology yet? In the beggining I relied on lot numbers to help me date clothing because of those article, now I'm starting to think maybe they're not so reliable as a method of dating. So what do you guys think?

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hi - interesting question! Could you post a photo of one of these items and the tag?

Maybe the companies were just using up old tags - as has been known to happen.

Thanks!

3. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

This dress by the Jones Girl looks very 80s with the patent leather belt and the jacket that comes with it equipped with shoulder pads, i have other examples as well like this purple haltered jump suit that the RN was just the name of the company "Radar" so i typed it into the rn database and it told me that the company was late 80s to early 90s.

Attached Files: