1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courrèges jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Capucine, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Capucine

Capucine Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently found a vintage Courrèges vinyl jacket. Do you have any information about it? Is it authentic?

I know that the Couture future collection dates from the 1970s and I’ve only seen this jacket (with the logo embroidery inside) twice. Is it rare?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    GemGem likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It is a lovely example and such a great colour! The thing is with these Courreges vinyl pieces is that they often dry up and the vinyl peels away. Yours appears to be in great shape, nice find!

Capucine and GemGem like this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great find! Couture Future was one of the Courrèges ready to wear lines, so it's not an haute couture item. How rare it is today is hard to say, but when it was produced it was certainly not unique. I don't own any of the vinyl pieces, but my personal experience with similar materials from the 60s and 70s is that they can deteriorate with age. Having an item in good condition is a good thing though. As to authentication, we can't do that on the forums. I have a 1970s Couture Future raincoat (not vinyl) though with a similar label.

Capucine and GemGem like this.
  4. Capucine

Capucine Registered Guest

Thank you very much for your replies!!