1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2 Mens Casual Shirt Identification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Riffica, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Riffica

Riffica Registered Guest

I have this shirt I picked up for a few bucks at a thrift store a while back. I really love this shirt but I can't find any information about it. I've lost some weight and losing more so I'd like to be able to find another one like it. I searched and searched but came up with nothing. The label says D2, which I guessed would be D Squared line, but looking at their labels nothing matches.

D2shirt1.JPG D2Shirt-label.JPG

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Sometimes if you're not sure you can look up the RN number and you can figure out by process of elimination the earliest possible and latest possible date a piece can be based on when the business was open. It's one tool that you can use, one of many to sort of figure out the puzzle.

In this case the parent company is Dickies, which leads me to believe that this was part of some type of uniform or something somebody needed to order in multiples for similar purposes, for order to fix patches or logos on it but that is only a guess.

The size inside that little circle that looks like it's stamped on and not part of the original printing makes me think that also. Unless it's wash wear. But it looks like an after the fact to me.

So the parent company doesn't help because they've been around for a long time, but what other clues can you put in the mix?

denisebrain likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought garment production for export in Bangladesh was newer thing, but it seems that it really took off already from the early 80s onwards.

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Cotton from Bangladesh sure did