1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date help please with a *dilemma* dress...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Noir*Boudoir, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

I love this.

It does fit.
    Although I have to admit the dress expects some of my curves to be 1/2" higher than they actually are... (serious foundationwear ahoy).

So I could sell it, but it's going to be difficult.

[​IMG]

Lightweight shantung (feels like) silk. What do you think, datewise? 50s? Which bit? There's a long metal zip at the back & ivory lining. I love the flared swag drape thing.

[​IMG]

Does it qualify as Ceil-esque, do you think? No label, but I'm wondering if it's been made from a designer pattern.

This whole buying episode has been dilemma-fraught. When I bought this, I left behind a long black silk velvet Harvey Nichols 'Model Gowns' er, gown, with bustle-y peplum, because it had been such a moth-banquet, it really wasn't sellable or wearable (that also fit). Broke my heart to leave it though...

(I shouldn't have been shopping at all - a five minute work-coffee break turned into a 'well, this shop will de-stress me a bit...' What a self-deluding fool I am)
    Lin

2. kevinjohnnyc

kevinjohnnyc Registered Guest

My guess is 50s - but I couldn't pinpoint a date. Nice sweetheart neckline there... Pretty colorway too... And the pleated draping is the best part!

3. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

Yes, the swag and the print are my favourite things about it! I *might* offload another dress to make room for it, or *maybe* I'll hang on to it for a few months, and come to terms with parting with it in the spring... hmmm.