1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I think this is early 20th c.

IMG_9100.JPG I bought it from a VFG member and filed it in my Chanel group. No, I don't think it is Chanel, perhaps an inspiration for her. Any thoughts?

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

It is a little difficult to see the details. But I get a sense of early 1920s. 1922-1923. Can you show a close up of the trim? Also it is a lightweight wool? Or?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I have seen gimp braid with the dingle balls on a late 1860s dress, so that's possible, but I don't like the round neckline and the slanted seams that lead to those shallow pockets for the 1920s - those both strike me more as 1940s features. It looks more c. 1940ish to me...

4. claireshaeffer

upload_2019-6-17_5-36-14.png
    Hmm this is overkill but you can see the braid.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Ha ha I will still stick to my 1920s dating for now. Perhaps later in the decade than 1922...maybe 1925 ish and looks rather French. I have no problem with the pockets being shallow as I have seen and had 1920s jackets with similar shallow pockets in front. Of course I cannot handle it in person, and could be totally wrong! I do think the length is a little short for 1920s but the woman could have been short waisted or petite.

6. claireshaeffer

Thanks to all.

Barbara, I would be happy for you come for visit and handle it.