1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

This Lagerfeld suit is a dusty pink wool crepe in a large size. The trim is grosgrain ribbon.
    It has labels on the jacket, skirt, and blouse but all are too faded to read the numbers.

Can you help me with dating it? Thanks
    upload_2021-6-24_8-45-42.png

poppysvintageclothing and GemGem like this.
  2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Can you show the labels anyway? They placements/size could help? Also, does the jacket have a chain inside? And can I see a close up of the buttons? And can you tell me how many panels are used for the body? The sleeves should be two pieces but the body varied over time.

3. claireshaeffer

I'll make some photos. The jacket label is at the back neck in the usual place. I was surprised that it had blouse and skirt labels. The buttons are unusual fabric with a gold bead at center. The collar is too short at center back. The buttonholes are stunning.
    The skirt label is on the left waistband facing. Both labels have an added tape with the number 11; this usually means the runway number.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    GemGem likes this.
  4. claireshaeffer

5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Very stylish and elegant, simple and classy! Def need to see more pictures, do you have pictures of the shirt and skirt? and the labels?

I had a look at a few Catwalk shows and so far the closest I am finding is the Spring Summer 1997 collection, pastel colours, fabric covered buttons etc but they do not have the grosgrain trim. The skirt length/shape may help as this often changed with the collections.

Is it a Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld? Or Lagerfeld? It's rare to see that styling of pocket on a vintage Chanel jacket. And the styling, though simple, is quite unique too.

Edit: My first impression was late 80s but the shoulder pads do not seem large enough, how thick are they?

6. claireshaeffer

I can do more photos but will have to get out a larger dress form. This lady was not small. The skirt is very straight/no band. Blouse has a tie.
    This is a Chanel/Lagerfeld. I don't think it's 80s.
    I have several Chanels from the 80s that VERY over the top. I recognize that there is a major difference with clients.

GemGem likes this.
  7. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I look forward to seeing more photos :). I think at the moment It's looking (to me) as mid 90s between 93-98, I do remember 93-95 there were a lot of grosgrain trims but often in a contrast colour rather than similar tone. However it will be interesting to see if additional photos change that perspective.

8. claireshaeffer

Thanks. I'll try to work on more photos today.

GemGem likes this.