1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a dress slip

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acceber, Jul 24, 2017.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I was cleaning out my stuff and ran across this little mystery. It's quite fancy for a slip. I believe those are French seams along the sides and raw edges elsewhere, and the embroidery looks the same inside and out. The label is bare, nothing on it so I didn't bother trying to get a better pic of it. No other labels anywhere. IMG_1756.JPG IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1759.JPG IMG_1760.JPG IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1762.JPG IMG_1763.JPG IMG_1764.JPG IMG_1766.JPG

2. Vliys

Vliys Registered Guest

The embroidery of this skirt looks good

3. Do you the fabric composition please? It seems to be shiny so I'm thinking nylon.

Can you tell us how long it is? It could be late '40s but is more likely '50s or '60s. It will help if we know the fabric and length.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  4. acceber

acceber VFG Member

IMG_1784.JPG IMG_1787.JPG I'm not sure what the fabric is. It's not like anything else I have familiarity with. It feels like a sort of silky thin polyester only its sheer. It's knee length on me. Another thing - it has no hardware on the straps. No adjusting the length.