1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating An Italian knit shirt

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ron Mack, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ron Mack

Ron Mack Registered Guest

Hi,

My name is Mack, I live in NYC. I posted a couple of times in the past. I'm hoping that you can help me date an Italian knit shirt that I recently purchased. It's 100% wool and appears to be from the 1960s, but there are 2 things that may suggest other wise. the size of the collar that seems to be a little bigger than what is typically seen on a knit shirt like this from the 1960s (of course i may be wrong), and 2, the 3 button cuff which for some reason make me think it may be from the 1970s. So what do you think? Thanks for your help.

-R. Mack Knit shirt .jpg

2. Hi Ron, I agree: it could be '60s but that is a big collar. Great styling. Love those Italian knits.

Can you please show photos of all labels (care, fabric etc). Check the side seam too, in case there's anything there.

3. Cindy2017

Cindy2017 Registered Guest

Hello Ron, I must say that this knit shirt is really good, I love the shirt, can you show more pictures of the shirt?:)