1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating and cleaning velvet pucci bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cathy_m, Sep 22, 2010.

1. cathy_m

cathy_m Registered Guest

Hi,

I am wondering how old my Pucci bag is (and if it's genuine!).
    I bought it at a charity shop for about $2, but it has a rust-coloured stain on the front and is pretty dirty, mostly on the front.
    The interior is perfect, with a black label saying "Emilio Pucci Bags Made in Italy" in gold. I think the handles are leather and the bag measures about 20cm x 15cm.
    Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Thanks,

Cathy

2. cathy_m

cathy_m Registered Guest

OK photos. Hope this works!!

URL=http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/cathy_m8/?action=view¤t=004.jpg][​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hi Cathy,

do you have a larger image of the interior? A good shot of the label would be helpful.

thanks - Nicole

4. cathy_m

cathy_m Registered Guest

Thanks Nicole, here's a better shot of the label. The lining is quite shiny, and reflects the flash!!! not easy to get a good shot.

The label seems to be glued onto the small pocket inside the bag, no visible stitching.

[​IMG]

5. cathy_m

cathy_m Registered Guest

Here's some other views...
    [​IMG]
    interior

[​IMG]
    "Emilio" signature in the dark pink/red bit.

[​IMG]
    rust/liquid/glue stain on bottom left edge?

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

If it have a magnetic clasp lock then it can't predate 1978 (I think is the date of magnetic clasp locks)

7. cathy_m

cathy_m Registered Guest

Thanks! The clasp is not magnetic, it's like a big oval press stud (gold coloured). Here's a bigger view...

[​IMG]

8. Cathy, I agree with Jonathan that the bag looks fairly modern - the clasp is modern, even if it's not magnetic.

I'm not an expert on Pucci but for my eyes, it doesn't have the quality that I would expect. I think it's from the '90s or more recently, a bright and cheap modern accessory trading off a trendy name. It's hard to be sure from a photo, but the straps look to be vinyl rather than leather too.

Nicole

9. cathy_m

cathy_m Registered Guest

Yeah, I'm not sure about the straps either, is there any way to tell if they are leather or vinyl?
    Date-wise, I actually bought it in the early 90's so it's at least that old!
    Any ideas on cleaning it? I still like it, even if it's not authentic!!