1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating and fabric Ungaro blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Katarzyna, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

Hello,

What do you Guys think? Is this blouse 70s or 80s?
    More hippie 1970s? Or maybe more Russian style early 1980s?

I think it's silk. Is it possible that it almost doesn't wrinkle because it was never cleaned (or worn)?

It's size 12. L?

Thank you
    K

Attached Files:

2. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Since this is a new blouse, it should have a fabric label. The Ungaro blouses I have are silk. Better quality silks don't wrinkle as much as cheap silks.

GemGem and Katarzyna like this.
  3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I agree with Linn, and am seeing that mid 70s Rich Bohemian influence, moving from the hippie look to Ethnic elegance. Ethnic, but not necessarily Russian although it does have that look. Very nice to find it with the tags.

GemGem and Katarzyna like this.
  5. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

interesting fact:

the prices on the tag are:
    752,-
    298,-
    and final: 248,-

I think it might indicate it was sold in Asia.
    "Unlike the United States, where prices ending with 9 are the most common, in many Asian countries, including China, Japan, and Malaysia, the most popular price ending is 8."

cmpollack and GemGem like this.
  6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Ah yes, I think it was the A/W 1976/77 Yves Saint Laurent had a huge success with their catwalk Russian collection. A quick google search saw that Ungaro too had some Russian influence in their 76/77 collection. I have had a couple of pieces of the YSL Russian collection (still have an amazegorge belt) and have had quite a few of the Parelle pieces of Ungaro around the 70s period.

So totally agree with the experts :)

cmpollack likes this.