1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. greatglenvintage

greatglenvintage Registered Guest

I keep going back and forth between 60s and 40s/50s for this dress. The bright color and back metal zipper make me think 60s. And I can't quite put my finger on what makes me think 40s sometimes - the shape maybe? There are rhinestones on the bodice that are prong set. The pocket flaps are just that - no actual pocket. I'll try to get some better pictures to upload, but I'm currently getting an error message.

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I see what you mean! Can you say what the fabric is, and is it lined? My first impression is of a revamping of a 40s dress...can you see any alterations?

3. greatglenvintage

I'll have to look at it more when I get home. I'm pretty sure it's linen (wrinkles very easily), and it it not lined.

4. denisebrain

That makes me think 50s...

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I'm seeing '50's.

6. greatglenvintage

Here are some more pictures. There's not really any evidence of any alterations. The hem is hand stitched but not very deep. Remnants of a tag on the back near the zipper. In the 4th and 5th photos, I'm not really sure what the "tab" thing is or if it has a purpose. I've never seen anything like it before.

Attached Files:

7. denisebrain

Yes, I would definitely say 50s on this. That tab...might it flip to the outside, center front of the neckline, and maybe once been held in place by a decorative button or some such?

Also, it looks a lot like rayon butcher cloth to me, which has a similar look to linen.