1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating French vintage denim jeans

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by iamwater, Jun 30, 2022.

1. iamwater

iamwater Registered Guest

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here, I'm Stefania, based in the Netherlands, and I resell second-hand and vintage clothes as a hobby (at the moment). I love to research the brands and styles and try to understand when a piece was made, however this time it's more difficult than usual, I picked up a pair of jeans at the thrift store and immediately knew they were vintage. The label just says Feu (Fire in French and there are actual flames around the word) and then Villefranche Rhone, which is a department in France. That's it. No other label or indication. Could it be workwear? Maybe some jeans worn by firemen in France? As for the period I was guessing the 60s or 50s but I am really no expert on jeans from this period so any help would be very much appreciated. Also, the zipper is metal but it doesn't seem so old. I'm attaching some pictures here. Thanks so much in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

French jeans were really hot (pun intended) here in the states in the 1970s. I would put those mid 1970s.

Jonathan likes this.
  3. iamwater

iamwater Registered Guest

Thank you Carla for your answer. I guess I would use your suggestion :)

carla rey likes this.