1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating help 2 pieces 70s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintage_Visage, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hello all.

So I have 2 pieces I threw in a box along time ago and I forgot about them. Upon pulling them out I started second guessing my dating.

The first is a jumpsuit? Not a very catchy name lol. I immediatly thought late 70s. There are flare legged. but the label and zipper have me second guessing? Pretty sure its early generation polyester.

Secondly a dress that I thought was 1980s at first glance also has me thinking this is actually a 70s piece because of the IGLWU label. Little details like the the snaps on the sleeves and the zipper have me wonder if its a 60s/70s cusper? Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance all!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Hi, Jennifer! it is SO GREAT to see you on the forums again!! I hope all is well with you and your family!! :)

my first impression is 70s on that cool jumpsuit, as you've suggested. when it comes to the second item, can you take a full front and full back shot of it? I can't tell what it is from the photos. thanks!

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

4. darn I don't have one of just the back atm, but here is a front shot. Neckline considerably higher in back.

[​IMG]

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That 1970s jumpsuit is KILLER! Hello, Jennifer. :hiya: