1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating help with Leather briefcase

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jenny, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

The leather briefcase's zipper wrote, Prentice USA. I searched Prentice bags and I only found a 1940s and a 1960s clutches which it didn't help me much.

What do you think?
    20150821_104948.jpg 20150820_233750.jpg 20150820_232710.jpg

2. Hi Jenny, can you show a close up of the clasp please? From here it looks like it's '60s but there are elements of the bag that look earlier so good to be sure.

Jenny likes this.
  3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Have you tried asking the previous owner when LMS lived? it would give you a time bracket and also a period when she was likely to have had it made.

4. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

The owners were not at the estate sales and the sales person only told me it was owned by owner's grandmother. I asked was his family live in Park City all their life. The sale person did not know.

Here is a picture of the inside btw :)
    20151001_135102.jpg 20151001_135051.jpg

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Thank you for the extra photos Jenny, the type of zip looks nice and early 30's to 40's I think - I can see a name stamped on the tag what does it say? Early zip makers were often patenting their designs.
    Btw the bag appears to be lined in pigskin.

Jenny likes this.
  6. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

stamped name on zipper is "PRENTICE USA"