1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating riding boots

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by AngAllen, Jul 12, 2018.

1. AngAllen

AngAllen Registered Guest

Hello! I found these field riding boots at an estate sale, and I would be grateful for any help dating them. They were simply labeled "military boots" and I don't know if that is accurate at all. I have searched with a flashlight, but I can't find any label or identifying mark on or in the boots.

These boots are leather with a leather lining and Goodyear welted soles. As you can see in the photos, they lace at the front and side (calf adjustment). They also have pulls inside (forgive me if my terminology is off - my knowledge of boot vocabulary is currently limited). The soles are Cat's Paw Microlite, and though from my advertisement research it appears these specific soles came on the market around the mid-50s, I don't know how helpful that is because they could have been replaced at any time. In my research, I've found similar looking riding boots from the teens/20s through the 1990s, so I'm stumped.

Again, I appreciate your time and input!

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

They look like uniform riding boots to me - maybe for mounted police? The wide toe and construction look newish to me 1970s-80s.... maybe even newer.

3. AngAllen

AngAllen Registered Guest

Thanks for the input!