Dating Silk Blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by hopesattic, Sep 20, 2007.

1. hopesattic

hopesattic Member

Would like help dating this Silk Blouse. it has embroidered satin stitch stars on the front, The Silk is very fragile and see-through, Cuffs, Collar, and seems look to be made of Cotton lawn fabric and there is a remnant of a Silk Tag. I'm new to this site, finally found you. Thanks any help is appreciated, this was found in my Grandmothers Trunk of clothing, she died 4 years ago at the age of 95.
    [​IMG]

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails Super Moderator Staff Member

That is such a pretty blouse!

Definitely out of my comfort zone here but I would venture a quess into the teens. We have many more qualified members that could help with this. I am sure one of them will come along in a bit.

Welcome to the forum!

3. Circa Vintage

Circa Vintage Alumni +

I'm guessing teens as well - a bit hard with just a photo, but the waist band gives me that impression.

4. cmpollack

cmpollack Trade Member

I'm no help with the really early stuff, which this looks to be--just wanted to say how pretty it is. Love those stars, and your photo catches the shimmer of the sheer fabric wonderfully!

5. hopesattic

hopesattic Member

Thanks to all who answered, I just wanted to say I love this site, very informative. I will be back. Hope