1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating this cardigan and skirt

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

What year do you think this is most likely from? It's really pretty it has no tags the fabric looks like a toile type print, if it was homemade the makers look like they knew what we were doing nice darts in front, big buttons etc. the fabric feels like a synthetic, perhaps polyester

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

They both look 60s to me.

The cropped style jacket would most likely have had a matching sheath styled dress.

The skirt probably had a matching jacket.

3. I think the jacket is early '80s, influenced by earlier styles. The neckline is too low and not right for '50s-6os. Can you tell what the fabric composition is?

4. Into the void

Oh! thank you everyone.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  5. Into the void

I hope no one minds but I'm going to bump up this thread because I have a potential buyer and I'd like a lil more insight. She is going to an event where there will be vintage clothing experts and would like for it to be vintage 60s and will buy as long as it's not from the 80s or 90s which I understand completely. I want her to be very happy with her purchase and don't want to misrepresent, so any more info would be great!

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  6. Into the void

the fabric is synthetic, polyester maybe

7. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

That jacket appears to be from the 1980s while the skirt appears to be from the 1960s.