1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating vintage Bradley sweater set

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by annieelizabeth27, May 23, 2023.

1. annieelizabeth27

annieelizabeth27 Registered Guest

I think it’s from the 1950s because of the Orlon on the tag but the zipper dates to 1930s !

Attached Files:

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  2. What a cute set! I agree with your initial thought of 1950s. Your label is very like a 1950s example in VFG's Label Resource.
    Can we see a photo of the zipper and know why you date that to the 1930s? (I'm just curious.)
    From a Florida State University web page:

Screenshot (204).png

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  3. annieelizabeth27

Thank you so kindly for the information!!! That is very helpful!:) I attached a picture of the zipper sorry it’s a little hard to see but it’s identical to the one in the reference photo of the 1930s! The whole structure of it

Attached Files:

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I agree with 50s and not that I am an expert in zippers but I definitely don’t associate that kind with 30s necessarily

5. annieelizabeth27

Thank you so much!!

6. annieelizabeth27

Hi! Sorry I posted my reply in the thread without actually replying. Thank you for the info!

Attached Files:

7. Glad to help!
    That Talon zip may have been introduced in the 30s, but it was not exclusively manufactured/used in the 30s. I believe it's a fairly common zip and I, like Victoria, don't necessarily associate it with the 30s.

8. annieelizabeth27

Thank you so much!!

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  9. I would date both your cute set and the zipper as '50s.