1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deluxe Rural Wear with Disneyland tag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Samwise90, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Samwise90

Samwise90 Registered Guest

I purchased this coat for 25 cents today, I believe it is suede but there is not fabric/materials tag. It has a Disneyland hang tag/postcard that says “deluxe rural wear, expect imperfections $5”, and a tag with the size and lot number. Google has not been much help, although I’ve seen similar styles from the 70s. Anyone familiar with this? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I think that Deluxe Rural Wear has been stamped on to a Disneyland postcard at a later date by a vintage shop, then used as a hangtag. I don't think there's any connection between the coat and Disneyland.

The coat is 70s as you say - I love that style.

ETA, pretty sure it's sheepskin, both the collar and the coat itself. You do find faux versions, but this looks like real sheepskin to me, at least the collar does.

3. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

I have had that exact coat, mine was from casual corner. Yes suede and sheepskin.
    il_794xN.740513815_5gs7.jpg

4. Samwise90

Thank you so much! Any idea how much this is worth? I have a poshmark store, but have mainly sold from my own closet. Saw this coat at my local thrift store and thought it was cool, but just don’t have any experience with vintage items. I appreciate your help, I’m excited to have some direction on this piece!

5. Samwise90

Thank you so much! Any idea how much this is worth? I have a poshmark store, but have mainly sold from my own closet. Saw this coat at my local thrift store and thought it was cool, but just don’t have any experience with vintage items. I appreciate your help, I’m excited to have some direction on this piece!

6. Retro Ruth

We can't advise on price, because there are too many variables (condition, sales venue etc)

If it were mine I would look at ebay sold listings to see what similar coats have sold for. Search for '70s sheepskin collar long coat' or something like that.

I think they are quite popular, though they are heavy so postage cost is a factor.

7. Samwise90

I totally understand, that makes sense. Thank you so much!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  8. Retro Ruth

And at 25c you did well!