1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designer at Lerose Birmingham

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Designer, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Designer

Designer Registered Guest

Hi I just put Lerose into the web and an article came up here. As I was a designer with Lerose for 9 years I thought I’d respond. I worked on the main ranges , producing two whole ranges of about eighty garments twice a year, Spring and Autumn. We also started ‘Cinch’ which was a leisure range. I started the After Eight evening wear range. The company was a vertical company with a main plant in Birmingham. Another in East Kilbride and a sister Company in Holland called Elvi. There was also a printing company over there and a knitted fabric plant in Italy. There was a team of four designers who went to Paris, Premier Vision twice a year to source fabrics for the new ranges. I still have original sketches of some of my work and photos from the brochures we produced of the models wearing the garments. I also have vintage clothes made when I trained, from the sixties and several original Lerose evening dresses. Please ask any questions if anyone is interested.

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Thank you for sharing all your info with us. Would love to see some photos of your dresses, brochures.

3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

That’s wonderful @Designer
    Yes, please share photos of your sketches and of the dresses you kept. We would love to see them.

4. Designer

Designer Registered Guest

Thank you both for your replies. The sketches etc are all in our loft but when I can access them I will post some pictures. Kind regards Designer