1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designer Bessi Firenze, Italia??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by UBNYC, Aug 5, 2004.

1. UBNYC

UBNYC Registered Guest

The label says: Bessi Firenze Italia
    I am not familiar with this designer. The dress is high end, Pucci era. Any information would be very welcome. Thank you for you time!

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

all I can find is that there are 2 dresses - late 60s and 1970s in the Texas Fashion Collection.

Hollis

3. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Hi UBNYC. :)

I think your dress is likely an Averardo Bessi. Firenze Italia means Florence Italy where the dress was probably made.

If you do a search in the VFG Label Resource for Bessi, you'll see two of the designers labels. Sounds like yours may be the first of the two. Here's the bio on him:

<i>The Averardo Bessi Company was founded in 1950. In 1968, the first collection was presented to the fashion world in the patterns and style of Averardo Bessi. "I started at a very early age, working in a fashion atelier. My objective was designing and creating clothing for women, as well as men" says the founder of his namesake fashion house. A short time later; the stylist developed an idea to propose something truly special, his design for the print on the fabrics that later came to be the realization of his women's collection. Bessi’s prints are reminiscent of Emilio Pucci and he even signed his prints as well. Bessi and other Pucci impressionists are finding their own designs are finally reaching the price range and receiving the respect of their predecessor. </i>

4. UBNYC

UBNYC Registered Guest

You're right Justine!! Thank you so much!!!! I'm new to this web site and not entirely familiar with all it's wonders. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Elin:D

5. Vintagetrend

Vintagetrend Registered Guest

HI Elin,
    Would love to see a picture. Some of the Bessi's are fairly collectable... Is it silk jersey knit, that is a kicker as well as the color combo.
    Also take a look at this site http://www.averardobessi.it They have copies of their ads and articles that date fairly far back or are vintage in a modern mag... Kind of a neat site!

Michelle

6. Welcome, Elin. We would love to see a picture of the dress.:)

7. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Welcome to the Guild, Elin...

I'd like to see the dress, too. :)

Gail

8. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

You're welcome UBNYC! I'd love to see a pic of the dress, as well, I prefer alot of Bessi's prints to Pucci's.

So are you in NYC?

9. UBNYC

UBNYC Registered Guest

Thank you for all your help! Here is the dress. Let me know what you think. It is jersey. I like it better than the Pucci's too. Beautiful belt with signed gold fringed weights & in a decent 10/12 size too!

10. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Oh that one is a beauty! Ideal for Fall - the colors are lovely.

Your picture looks perfect!