1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dior and Delain Scarfs

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Nate Sherman, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Nate Sherman

Nate Sherman Registered Guest

Hello!
    I’m wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these two scarves....date, authenticity, etc. I figured I’d be able to find another of the Dior online for comparison but so far no luck.
    Apologies for the crude photos...they’re both around 24” X 24” and feel like silk to me...there are no other tags or labels on them however, my relative hating wearing “labels” and likely could’ve removed any of they were present.
    Thank You!
    4311F470-D23E-4271-9297-0E7E49D6F0B1.jpeg F94D4101-69C7-44D6-92F0-5E73D2AB0320.jpeg 7A0F24F9-031F-492D-B61A-BF86C58C84DC.jpeg 30B77C1E-FAD9-43A1-A2D4-B3487208CFCB.jpeg

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful scarves! Unfortunately we cannot authenticate items here. Let's see if someone has some input on dating.

Nate Sherman likes this.
  3. Nate Sherman

Oh, that’s right!! Sorry.

4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Gosh, that Dior one is beautiful! I'm afraid I can't tell if it is vintage or not since the Logo seems very similar to different ages. Can you see any details on the department store which could help? The edges look hand rolled which give it authenticity though I know this forum does not authenticate.

Nate Sherman likes this.
  5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

The only thing I can say which you probably already know is that the building pictured in the Dior scarf is their Paris headquarters at 30 Avenue Montaigne.

A 30 Montaigne line was launched recently in 2019 but I can’t speak to your scarf specifically

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Midge and Nate Sherman like this.
  6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

nb* please take the bulldog clips off, they may damage the scarf!

Midge, Nate Sherman and Vintagiality like this.
  7. Nate Sherman

Thanks for the heads-up.
    I only used them briefly the snap the shots...but I didn’t think to know they could cause damage. I really appreciate this!!

GemGem likes this.