1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dior at the McCord

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Joji Furukawa, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

Yesterday I visited the McCord Museum in Montreal to see their Dior exhibition that’s on until September 26th and I highly recommend it. Lots of fascinating information on his design process as well as information on licensed Canadian and American copies and information on the incredible workmanship utilized in his designs. If you have the chance to go, definitely take it! I won’t spoil too much of it but these 2 were my favourite pieces.

28F95A2A-3988-4F5F-B44A-276C92D0A882.jpeg

415D91D7-2C55-493D-A9B7-7AB79879E185.jpeg

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I've heard such good things about this exhibit—I would love to be able to see it. Thank you for sharing your favorites Joji!

Joji Furukawa likes this.
  4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I would drive the 2000 miles to see all that! Is this associated with the recent exhibition in Paris?

Joji Furukawa likes this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

No, its actually the Royal Ontario Museum's exhibition that was in Toronto in 2017-18. The McCord took it for 2020/21... bad timing. It's much smaller than the Paris exhibition.
    Here are some more shots from that show: https://www.beyondfashionmagazine.c...ristian-dior-exhibition-royal-ontario-museum/