1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any details about this thrift store find? Vintage Puma

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mia94, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Mia94

Mia94 Registered Guest

I found this vintage puma track suit in a thrift store today! It’s got it’s original tags and has the jacket and track pants. Wondering if anyone has any info about when it was made or the style name? Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

We cannot appraise items or offer possible pricing. I'm not sure how vintage this is... maybe 90s at the earliest, I'm thinking.

Jonathan likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I would go with 90s as well - I remember those types of tracksuits :). Do you have a picture of a care label? That may be a clue to dating.

Jonathan likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I see 1980s with the color and styling...but can't be positive. As Karin said if there is a care label that can be of help.

5. Mia94

Mia94 Registered Guest

Here’s the care label! Thanks for the info :)

Attached Files:

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I'm going with 90s. Thanks for the additional photos!

7. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

While the style is very 80s the tag looks more modern. There was a resurgence of 80s style tracksuits in the late 00s which is what this looks like to me. So my guess is that it is not vintage. You can try contacting Puma directly and see what they say though. If you find something out let us know

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

late 00s.... interesting... you might be onto something

9. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Yes those colours struck me as very 80s, but not those tags. So Blondzai could be right.

10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

this is what i was thinking, as well.