1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone have info on Benson & Partners?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by ANGIE WARGO, Sep 29, 2018.

1. ANGIE WARGO

ANGIE WARGO Registered Guest

I am looking for info on Benson & Partners Boutique all i have found is obscure pages from early 70's fashion magazines. Any help would be great Thanks

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Do you have a label with that name? If so, please post a photo of the label -- and a garment to which it might be attached,

3. ANGIE WARGO

ANGIE WARGO Registered Guest

it is a belt that i have all references i came across mentioned leather vests i don't think it was a brand in itself but a store . thanks for any help. IMG_1467[1].JPG IMG_1460[1].JPG

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I am sorry to be slow with a reply. I had jury duty this week and was kept rather busy with that. I didn't find great deal of information about your label, but will post what I found...

This first item gives you a start date (roughly)...
    Benson&PartnersOpening.jpg

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

...and whenever I found announcements of these blowout sales of well-known labels it was invariably because the company was closing...
    Benson&PartnersApproxClosing1975.jpg

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

...the president of Benson &Partners in 1969...and I have to run out now and will post more later
    Benson&PartnersJackPresident.jpg

7. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Benson & Partners partners Sam, Jack, Irving Benson...

Benson&PartnersSamJackIrving.jpg

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Irv(ing) Benson of Benson & Partners in 1972. Perhaps you can find information by searching for Irving, Sam, or Jack Benson...

Benson&PartnersIrvBenson1972.jpg

9. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Carol Horn was apparently one of Benson & Partners' most successful designers...

Benson&PartnersCarolHorn.jpg

10. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Last Benson & Partners item is a 1969 reference to their designer Alice Blaine...

Benson&PartnersAliceBlaine1969.jpg