1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone recognise this label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aimless, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Aimless

Aimless Registered Guest

• 80s style high waist bermudas
    • Care label is completely faded. Can barely make out some German.
    • Prym zipper

Thank you for any advice!

Attached Files:

DedeCouture likes this.
  2. Denitsa Kovacheva

Denitsa Kovacheva Registered Guest

Hello, sorry for the late reply, I was browsing the forum and I was intrigued by this post because it had no replies. I did some research and there is limited to no information in English, even in German. Here is what I found - I will upload a document that's translated by Google so it just gives a brief idea.

Erka KG existed as a company until the late 1940, it's prime owners Robinson, Rubin and Kalwill were Jewish and were exiled from Austria when WW2 happened. Then they returned after Germany was defeated and briefly got back or tried to get back the company and here is where I lost the track. I will attach the only images I could find and also a quote from a study.

I am just wondering if these shorts are made in the 80's why I cannot find absolutely any information. I am intrigued, and also their coats seem to be collectables.