1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does somebody know from which decade this varsity jacket is?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MGEEZY913, Feb 7, 2021.

1. MGEEZY913

MGEEZY913 Registered Guest

Hey i just bought this sick Kaye Bros Award Jacket and im wondering from which decade it is and how much it worth today :) THX
    FE8392D6-F3D8-4E27-9D75-921C18CD95EE.jpeg DE6A8B1C-CB20-4EF1-A0DA-6F4955CA3428.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. We do not give valuation advice (please see forum description) - I would advise to check prices for similar sold items on Ebay for example. Can you please show the reverse side of the label - I would like to see what the care instructions look like :).

3. MGEEZY913

MGEEZY913 Registered Guest

Think you for your advice about the Forum rules.
    Ill know better next time

Attached Files:

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. So far I couldn't find any info on the company, but several similar jackets listed or sold on Etsy an Ebay, mostly listed as 70s or 80s. It seems they made these types of jackets for a myriad of teams. The WPL number also only turns up the company name Kaye Bros., nothing else. Apparently, WPL numbers were only issued until 1959, but the companies could continue to use them, so that doesn't help with dating either unfortunately. I would think though that fairly detailed care instructions like on your jacket point to later - as in 70s or later in my opinion.

Here's one example in a university collection which is dated: https://westernkentuckyuniversity.p...ebobject/6D6637E7-8596-44EF-A878-962529165457

amandainvermont and carla rey like this.